Please click here to download our Trade Marks services brochure
Many law firms outsource their trade marks work to trade mark agents, and pass on this cost to the client. BWB retains its own experienced trade marks specialists in-house.
We have been registering trade marks for more than 15 years and offer a complete trade marks solution, designed to meet your needs and your budget.
We offer the following services:
Consultation and Analysis
- Free half hour consultaton for all new clients
- A review of existing protection for your names, logos and brands
- Recommendations tailored to your requirements
- A free explanatory guide to trade marks
- Searches of relevant trade marks registers, Companies House records, domain name registries and the internet
- Analysis of search results and a full report with practical recommendations
- Specialist reports on short-listed names for re-branding
Applications and Registrations
- Advice on appropriate specifications of goods and services
- Filing of trade mark applications in the UK, EU and international territories
- Management of marks through to registration, including dealing with obstacles such as trade mark registry objections and opposition by other trade mark owners
Ongoing Protection and Exploitation
- Monitoring and watching services to alert you to misuse of your mark, whether in the UK or internationally
- Renewal of trade marks
- Advice and assistance on trade mark enforcement and disputes
- Licensing and franchising structures and agreements
- Re-branding and trade mark portfolio audits
Specialist Charity and Social Enterprise Service
In addition to our depth of experience in advising commercial clients from partnerships through SMEs to blue chip companies, BWB leads the field in its wide range of specialist legal services to charities and social enterprises. We offer a unique combination which brings together our expertise in the charity and social enterprise sector and our commercial experience of trade marks and branding.
With hundreds of charity trade mark registrations under our belt, our understanding of the sector allows us to offer a tailored approach to the sector, including:
- Free specialist guidance notes on trade marks for charities
- A discount of up to 20% on our commercial rates
- Help in identifying the right protection for charitable and trading activites, from international or environmental NGOs, to religious charities, UK service-providers and social enterprise start ups
- Advice on appropriate procedures to settle disputes with other trademarks or rights owners (which for charities often succeed in place of more aggressive commercial tactics)
- Licensing trademarks to sponsors/funders, commercial partcipators, professional fundraisers and charity trading subsidiaries
Our diverse clients include household names such as The Advertising Standards Authority, The Paralympics Association, Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children, Jane Asher, Christian Aid, Shelter and The Booker Prize.
The Wider Picture
Integration of our trade marks services with BWB's commercial legal services allows us to offer a very wide range of advice to our clients, including in the related areas of copyright, passing off, and domain names. We also specialise in dispute resolution, contractual issues and advise on all aspects of sponsorship and endorsement.
You may be interested in the following event:
Does your role in your charity or social enterprise involve regular contact with its name and brand, publications, website designs, videos, institutional know-how, or campaign ideas? These contain intellectual property rights (or “IP”) – assets of your organisation that need to be protected properly.
Tue 02 May 2017 BWB Events Read More and Book >