Bates Wells Braithwaite provides 'first-class and practical advice.'”
BWB’s leading Employment law team works with an array of national and international businesses including leading retailers and advertisers, employment agencies and publishers; partnerships, LLPs and multinational corporations; care providers and directory businesses. We advise on the complete range of employment matters, and appreciate that where we can make a difference is not just by understanding the law but by working with our clients to arrive at commercially successful solutions to their legal issues.
We are experienced in multi-jurisdictional advice and through our membership of Parlex can offer seamless international support.
Our specialist areas of employment expertise include (please click on the links to access knowhow on the topic):
- All areas of discrimination law including discrimination involving age, gender, race, ethnic origin and nationality, disability, religion or belief, sexual orientation
- Redundancies: from small to large scale, collective consultation obligations and redundancy payments
- Unfair dismissal, wrongful dismissal and constructive dismissal
- Departures, negotiating termination payments and settlement agreements
- Transfer of Businesses: informing and consulting staff, supplying employee liability information, conducting due diligence, restructuring and all other matters relating to TUPE
- Employer obligations to employees in relation to maternity, paternity and parental leave, flexible working, employee benefits, national minimum wage, salary sacrifice schemes and tax and National Insurance obligations, and health and safety
- Disciplinary and Grievance matters: ensuring a fair procedure is followed, handling multiple grievances, whistleblowing and public interest issues and matters relating to a misuse of social media by employees
- Restraint of Trade/Team Moves: Enforceability of restrictive covenants, confidentiality agreements and garden leave
- Resolving partnership disputes and director and shareholder disputes
- Employment Status: duties towards employees and self-employed workers, casual workers, agency staff, volunteers, individuals on work placements and interns
- Contracts of Employment: Drafting and reviewing and varying contracts of employment and executive service agreements, disciplinary and grievance procedures, staff handbooks and policies and staff pension schemes
- Working time (holiday pay), bonuses and deferred remuneration, long term incentive plans, and golden handshakes
- Data protection law as it relates to employment
- Employing staff outside of the UK
- Mediation: We frequently assist clients with mediating disputes. Martin Bunch (a partner in the Employment team) is a CEDR-accredited Mediator.
- Internal investigations: Our lawyers are experienced in conducting internal investigations on behalf of employers, particularly where there is a specific need for independent oversight.
Our additional services for businesses include a comprehensive programme of Employment Training Services, which include regular seminars and training sessions, Mock Employment Tribunals for your key staff, as well as bespoke sessions for your HR team, in-house counsel and managers on the key employment issues for your business.
To discuss our training services, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click here to download our latest training sessions brochure.
For information on how we structure our fees for defending unfair dismissal and wrongful dismissal claims, please click here.
You may be interested in the following event:
This is an enjoyable opportunity to view a tribunal hearing in practice and to gain invaluable knowledge on managing tribunal claims and top tips for avoid disputes.
Tue 29 Jan 2019 BWB Events Read More and Book >