This event is now over and took place on Thu 22 Nov 2012
An evening of workshops for free schools opening in September 2013 is taking place on Thursday 22 November 2012 from 5pm at Bates Wells & Braithwaite Solicitors, 2 – 6 Cannon Street, London EC4M 6YH
The following workshops will be provided by solicitors from Bates Wells & Braithwaite, finance and project management specialists from PKF accountants and human resources specialists from Enlightened HR:
- A: Staffing, performance management and employment law: How to develop early thinking on delivering the vision of the school through the right staffing approaches. Focus on implementing effective contracts of employment, performance management systems, policies and procedures.
- B: Governance and company administration: Understanding the company – the first year, understanding the articles of association, meetings, duties of governors/directors/trustees and the role of the members.
- C: Finance: understanding thefinances - financial plans, budgets, funding, financial systems and procedures, financial reporting, audit and financial governance.
- D: Project Management: understanding the project - identifying and allocating the tasks, timing, problem solving, risk and issues management.
- E: Procurement: understanding the requirements – financial thresholds, the regime that applies to the procurement of different goods and services, what are the requirements and what are the risks in not complying with the procurement regime.
The workshops will take place simultaneously. Once you have registered, we will contact you by email to determine which workshop you would like to attend.
If you have any questions about the evening then please contact Isolde Rutherford on 020 7551 7645 or email email@example.com.
5.00pm Arrival and registration (tea/coffee)
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH