This event is now over and took place on Thu 02 May 2013
This event is now full. However, we are re-running it on 27 June. Please click here to book. Alternatively, please scroll down to add your name to the waiting list.
In these challenging economic times, many employers are facing difficult choices. Invariably, the largest single cost to an organisation is its payroll. As such, employers across all sectors continue to experience intense pressure to revise organisational structures and achieve costs savings through redundancy exercises.
This half-day masterclass is designed to provide delegates with a clear understanding of the law relating to redundancy and a clear sense as to how the law translates into day-to-day practice.
CPD points are available for this course.
Why choose this course?
Delegates will receive:
• Detailed step-by-step guidance in relation to planning and implementing a redundancy/ restructuring exercise
• A clear explanation of the statutory framework and key cases
• A series of practical examples, which bridge the gap between theory and practice
• Professionally prepared precedent letters covering each stage of the process
• Template project plans, timelines and checklists (relating to both small-scale redundancy exercises and organisation wide projects)
• A suggested redundancy policy
Who should attend?
• HR Managers and Directors
• In-house Counsel
• CEO and CFOs
• Line managers and directors facing organisational change
• Defining and identifying a redundancy situation
• The perfect redundancy process:
• The preliminary steps
• Planning and implementing consultation
• Selection criteria
• Suitable alternative employment
• Understanding and addressing potentially thorny issues:
• Establishing non discriminatory selection criteria
• Employees on maternity and paternity leave
• Trial periods
• Voluntary redundancies (retaining talent and preserving morale)
• Large scale redundancies and collective consultation
• Minimising cost and exposure
BWB, 2-6 Cannon St., London EC4M 6YH