This event is now over and took place on Tue 17 Mar 2015
This event is now full, we are running a repeat seminar on 25th March. Please click here to book your place on this new date.
A clear and practical understanding of TUPE is widely considered to be one of the most valuable skills an HR professional can possess. This half-day Masterclass will provide delegates with the understanding, confidence and materials required to effectively manage and oversee a full range of TUPE transactions.
The law governing the transfer of undertakings has significant practical, commercial and financial implications for employers of all sizes and in all sectors. Whether considering what happens to employees on an outsourcing or retendering of a service contract, or assessing the employment-related liabilities associated with the sale of a business, the TUPE regulations have far reaching implications.
The commercial consequences of misapplying the law can be extremely damaging. Equally, a strong understanding of this area can present profound strategic and financial advantages.
The Masterclass will cover:
• What constitutes a transfer of an undertaking, including:
- The sale of a business (or part of a business).
• The implementation of an effective information and consultation exercise
• Maximising opportunities and minimising risk during the transfer process
• Harmonising / varying terms and condition of employment
• Post-transfer obligations in relation to pensions
• The scope to implement fair dismissals (both pre and post transfer).
Why choose this course?
This course will provide delegates with the understanding, confidence and materials necessary to effectively manage and oversee TUPE transactions.
• Delegates will receive:
A detailed and practical explanation of the law.
• Comprehensive notes and materials (including a step-by-step guide to the transfer process, from the perspective of both the transferor and the transferee).
• Checklists and flowcharts.
• Template letters and documents relating to each stage of the transfer process.
Delegates will also participate in practical workshops which demonstrate the practical application of the law.
Who should attend?
• HR managers and directors
• Procurement and commissioning professionals
• In-house counsel
• CEOs and CFOs
• Trustees and non-executive directors
9.30am- Breakfast and registration
£150 (excl. VAT)
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE