This event is now over and took place on Wed 06 May 2015
BWB’s Education team and Spark! The National Work Experience Service invite you to an evening seminar on the legal and policy context behind work experience and safeguarding; and how to put this into practice.
Topics for the evening include:
- The legal framework
- Inter-relationships between key stakeholders: schools, assessors and employers
- Suitable experience and qualifications for quality assurers
- Placement Quality Assurance – telephone or on site checks driven by placement occupational risk
- Safeguarding advice and guidance for employers
- Incident reporting and handling sensitive data
- IT to help Quality Assure Work Experience in a resource constrained environment
Why choose this course?
Research evidences that high quality and safe work experience placements can build the confidence, motivation and prospects of young people.
“Adults who supervise children on work experience: Schools and colleges organising work experience placements should ensure that policies and procedures are in place to protect children from harm.” ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ (Department for Education statutory guidance, April 2014)
Through this seminar you will be able to find out how to respond to the DfE statutory guidance, what a successful employer organisational risk check looks and feels like, as well as finding out about the benefits and need for collaboration in Quality Assurance.
At the end of the evening there will be chance for informal networking with refreshments.
Who should attend?
Key stakeholders: schools, assessors and employers
We hope that you and other members of your leadership team will be able to join us for the evening.
7.00pm- Networking and refreshments
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE