This event is now over and took place on Thu 09 Mar 2017
Fit for the Future is Social Enterprise UK’s annual health conference for social enterprises, charities, housing associations, local authorities, CCGs, health and wellbeing boards, and those within the NHS. The event is developed in partnership with BWB.
As pressure on the health and care system mounts – budgets don't match demand and although transformational change is happening, the reality is patchy and complex. This conference will seek to interpret the developing new systems and models as well as explore the role social enterprises can play in leading and influencing the proposed new local systems to deliver the best and more appropriate care for their residents.
Workshops at the conference will include:
- Building Resilience: partnerships & diversification
- New Models of Care: MCP, devolution & ACOs
- Social value and healthcare: launch of new research & advice on demonstrating social value
- Sustainability and transformation plans (STPs): where are we now? & How to get involved
Confirmed speakers include:
- Abbie Rumbold, Partner, Bates Wells Braithwaite
- David Hunter, Consultant, Bates Wells Braitwaite
- Anita Charlesworth, Director of Research and Economics, The Health Foundation
- Rt Hon Stephen Dorrell, former Secretary of State for Health, current Chair of Birmingham and Solihull STP board
- Alberto De Rosa, CEO, Ribera Salud to speak about the Alzira Model a Spanish approach to Accountable Care Organisation
- Lord Victor Adebowale CBE, Chief Executive Turning Point, Chair of SEUK, Non-executive Director NHS England
BWB's Abbie Rumbold will be chairing a workshop on New care models, new approaches. This workshop will explore some of the new models of care that are being developed across the country, like Multi-speciality Community Providers and how providers are responding to these new models and developing approaches of their own.
David Hunter will also be giving a plenary session on Commissioning: the way forward. An update on the landscape of commissioning, what's new for providers to be aware of in the changing landscape of STPs and new care models.
The Priory Rooms Birmingham B4 6AF