This event is now over and took place on Tue 14 Mar 2017
For many B Corps re-certification will soon be upon them and improving their scores will be a priority.
One key area where improvements can and should be made is in the HR section (after all staff are often your most important asset). BWB has given this some thought recently, and offers this event with a view to assisting fellow B Corps achieve improvements in HR practice. The areas focused on are:
- Handbooks - to ensure your handbook includes policies included in the Impact Assessment such as an anti-harassment policy and grievance resolution;
- Recruitment and Selection – to ensure you move towards an appropriately diverse workforce;
- Termination Policies – to ensure you approach this difficult part of the relationship properly and appropriately.
As a fellow B Corp, with a specialist Employment Department, we have a unique understanding of these issues. Whatever your position within an organisation, understanding the fundamentals is a huge advantage and will enable you to walk the walk as opposed to just talking the talk.
This Event will cover
Recruitment and selection, including unconscious bias Terminations for: conduct, capability, redundancy, illegality and “some other substantial reason” What should and should not go into a handbook and why less is often more
Why choose this course?
This seminar will provide you with a detailed understanding of these core elements of employment law and enable you to improve your B Corp certification in them.
Delegates will receive:
- A detailed and practical explanation of the law Comprehensive notes and materials
- Checklists and flowcharts
- Template letters and documents
5:30pm finish and networking
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE