This event is now over and took place on Tue 21 Mar 2017
Understanding the employment status of your workforce is crucially important.
In the age of ‘the gig economy’ and ‘agile working’ it is increasingly difficult for employers to say, with confidence, whether an individual is an employee, a worker or an independent contractor.
The consequences of getting this wrong are stark: the potential risks include substantial claims for back pay (including up to two years’ holiday pay) and action by HMRC to recover unpaid tax.
The aim of this seminar is to demystify employment status and provide a practical guide.
This seminar will cover
- Recent cases including Uber, CitySprint, Hermes (and others).
- A practical guide to the difference between employees, workers and contractors
- Tax implications: the different approaches adopted by the tax tribunals and employment tribunals
- How to identify and gauge risks within existing contractual arrangements
- Opportunities – understanding the potential of alternative employment models
Why chose this course
Delegates will receive:
- A detailed and practical guidance note on the law
- Practical examples, which bridge the gap between theory and practice
- A summary of recent and relevant high profile cases
- An opportunity to ask questions, and network before and after the event.
Who should attend
- HR managers and directors
- In-house counsel
- CEOs and CFOs
- Line managers and directors
8:00am registration and breakfast
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE