This event is now over and took place on Tue 09 Jan 2018
This year's BWB Breakfast Serial will distil the expertise of our sector-leading charity lawyers into nine bitesize seminars.
This session provides an introduction into key areas of UK data protection law, as applies to charities, including:
- An introduction/refresher on key concepts such as ‘personal data’, ‘controllers’ and ‘processors’;
- An overview of the requirements of GDPR, including:
- What is changing from 25 May 2018;
- Privacy notices;
- “Legitimate interests”, consent, and other “conditions for processing”;
- Rules that apply when sending personal data outside of Europe;
- Rules on the length of time for which it is lawful to retain personal data;
- Individuals’ rights; and
- The need to have security arrangements in place.
Please note that fundraising law will be covered in more detail in the Fundraising session.
8:00am Registration and breakfast
8:30am - 9:30am Seminar
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE