This event is now over and took place on Thu 01 Feb 2018
Following on from the Area Reviews; legal and financial due diligence; statutory consultations; and transfers, many colleges will be wondering ‘what happens next?’
BWB and RSM invite you to join us for a morning of short expert talks on some of the main issues for colleges to consider, post-merger.
This seminar will be relevant for:
- Colleges that have already merged; and
- Colleges in the process of merging.
The seminar will cover the following:
- How are you going to implement a new structure post-merger?
- How do you use the restructures to implement more standardised terms and conditions?
- Are there non-transfer related reasons for these changes?
- How can we move staff between sites?
- How are you going to manage employment relations and industrial relations going forward?
- How do you approach a systems integration?
- Building your 100 day plan
- Preparing your final accounts
- Harmonising student systems
- How do you develop culture, brand and pride in the newly-formed college?
- How do you enable new leadership and management to drive the college forward?
- What should you consider when recruiting your new board?
- Reviewing/ consolidating policies
- Notifying regulators
- Name changes post-merger
- Are your information/data processes in place?
- Dealing with sponsor licence applications
- What post-merger property considerations are there?
- Do you need to dispose of a campus?
- Are there any funding issues you should be aware of?
The talks will be provided by further education experts from BWB and RSM.
BWB will be delivering legal perspectives on a variety of key issues.
Stephanie Mason, head of FE and skills at RSM, and her colleagues will provide a financial perspective.
Mark Silverman, experienced chief executive & principal and project director at Plus Associates will share his views on project management, planning and strategy.
10:00am - 1:00pm Seminar
1:00pm - 2:00pm Lunch and networking
Spaces are limited to 2 people per college and we expect this to be popular. Please click below to book.
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE