This event is now over and took place on Thu 29 Mar 2018
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from 25 May 2018. It introduces greater rights for employees as well as broader, more prescriptive obligations for employers, and the fines that can be imposed for transgressions are significantly increased.
HR professionals have a key role to play in making sure your organisations can demonstrate compliance with the new requirements. This webinar will provide an overview of the key changes from an employment/HR perspective, as well as practical tips for ensuring compliance in your day to day HR activities.
Our practical tips will focus on key areas including:
- Auditing your employee data: what information is held and why? What records need to be kept?
- The alternatives to relying on employee consent for processing employee personal data (and why an alternative is needed)
- Reviewing your contracts with third party data processors: are these fit for purpose?
- Updating your policies, procedures and privacy notices
- Administering data subject access requests under the new regime: what are the changes?
- Reporting breaches in line with the new notification requirements
- Privacy impact assessments: when are they needed?
Why choose this webinar?
You will receive:
- A practical overview of the key changes, specifically focussed on the employment context; and
- Our top take away tips for making sure your organisation can demonstrate compliance in its day to day HR activities, focussing on the key areas of change outlined above.
Who should attend?
- HR managers and directors;
- In-house legal counsel and;
- Other position holders with responsibility for employee data.