Thu 27 Sep 2018
16:00 - 19:30
This seminar will link all seven principles of the Charity Code of Governance to the digital agenda and new technologies, will explore how technology can enhance your governance and will include the following:
- How can the internet, social media and technology kick start your governance? How can boards tap into today’s digital tools?
- What are the issues you need to consider as you look at applying a digital strategy to your governance?
- How can you ensure inclusion, participation, engagement and connection while applying new technologies?
- What are the relevant tools for your toolkit as you kick start your governance in the face of digital agenda?
- What strategies can expand the pipeline of new trustees - integrating technology into the recruiting process and maintaining a competitive edge?
- Exercises and discussions to decide how the recommended practice can be applied to your charity; and
- Checklists for digital governance.
Attending this session you will have the opportunity to:
- Consider the impact of the digital revolution on the governance of the organisation;
- Explore how technology can enable performance;
- Apply the tools in enhancing governance and organisational performance;
- Explore how new technologies can enhance the governance of the organisation;
- Discuss how social media offers a different perspective on behaviours;
- Apply practical and simple things to your governance practice; and
- Gain practical steps to create an inclusive digital environment.
4.00pm Registration – tea and coffee
4.30pm Seminar (Part 1)
6.15pm Seminar (Part 2)
* Using the BWB Onboard governance checklists
7.00pm Wrap up and networking
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars
You may also be interested in:
Onboard Soft Skills Training - Vital Facilitation
Thursday 06 September 2018 >
Onboard Soft Skills Training - Effective Facilitation: Level 2 (Facilitation 201)
Thursday 04 October 2018 >
The strength of behavioural diversity on boards – enhancing communication, connection and engagement
Tuesday 09 October 2018 >
The role of trustees in navigating an ever changing landscape
Tuesday 11 December 2018 >