This event is now over and took place on Thu 08 Nov 2018
Great conversations and exchanges lead to better outcomes and sustainable results.
How can you help groups become more effective? How can you help participants to have conversations that matter?
Facilitative skills are increasingly becoming a core competency for leaders, managers, consultants, coaches, trainers and others who work with groups. It is not just for facilitators anymore. Vital facilitation will put the spotlight on essential facilitation techniques.
As an introductory course, Vital Facilitation assumes no knowledge. Participant will start from the basics and be introduced to facilitation techniques and concepts. There will be opportunities to apply facilitative approaches.
- The role and core competencies of an effective facilitator
- The different perspectives of a facilitator – differentiating facilitation from consulting, training, coaching & counselling.
- The role and tasks of a facilitator
- Trusting the process, trusting the room
- Approaches to facilitation
- Different types and styles of facilitation
- Questioning techniques & meetings skills – applying meeting leadership.
What can be achieved by attending Vital Facilitation 101
- Getting the best out of applying facilitation techniques and approaches.
- Learning the basics of effective facilitation skills, tools and techniques
- Engaging in views that are different from your own
- Using a facilitative approach to meet new audiences
- Adopting a range of facilitation techniques
- Designing your own facilitation tool kit
Approach: the session will be a mix of presentation, practical exercises and working in groups. Participants will have the opportunity to put their learning into action through participation in meeting scenarios and peer-to-peer sharing.
Groups are deliberately kept small to encourage interaction, sharing and learning. Each session will draw on a strong evidence base while kept very practical.
What will be focused on:
- Encouraging healthy debate.
- Addressing conflict and tensions.
- Enabling conversations and encouraging participation.
- Adopting an empowering and facilitative style and tone.
- Shaping a positive culture.
- Recognising and embracing group dynamics
Cost: £300.00 exc VAT
Please see Tesse's blog on 'The conversation continues through Vital Facilitation' here.
Bates Wells Braithwaite at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BE