Thu 06 Dec 2018
16:30 - 20:00
The session will clarify what is required of boards and trustees and examine the roles within a board and impart the principles behind good governance. Participants will focus on the impact of values, behaviours, attitudes and communication using social media.
The seminar will cover:
- The changing charity environment;
- Legal responsibilities – the Essential Trustee;
- The Charity Governance Code;
- The role of trustees in practice – the problems and the experiences;
- Trustees and social media;
- Governing boards and achieving impact;
- Diversity, inclusion and engagement; and
- Board dynamics and working as a high performing team.
Who should attend?
- Chairs (boards and committees)
- Board members
- Chief Executives
- Members of the Senior Management/leadership team
- Heads of Governance
- Governance Advisors
- individuals who support boards.
4.30pm Registration – tea and coffee
5.00pm Seminar (Part 1)
6.45pm Seminar (Part 2)
7.30pm Wrap up and networking
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars
You may also be interested in:
Governing for impact: Governance, Diversity, Engagement and Inclusion
Tuesday 20 March 2018 >
Board Effectiveness – evaluating, enhancing and recharging your board’s performance
Wednesday 13 June 2018 >
Governance and digital – Innovation and the digital revolution - enhancing your board’s performance
Thursday 27 September 2018 >