Tue 11 Dec 2018
16:30 - 20:00
The session will clarify what is required of boards and trustees and examine the roles within a board and impart the principles behind good governance. Participants will focus on the impact of values, behaviours, attitudes and communication using social media.
The seminar will cover:
- The changing charity environment;
- Legal responsibilities – the Essential Trustee;
- The Charity Governance Code;
- The role of trustees in practice – the problems and the experiences;
- Trustees and social media;
- Governing boards and achieving impact;
- Diversity, inclusion and engagement; and
- Board dynamics and working as a high performing team.
Who should attend?
- Chairs (boards and committees)
- Board members
- Chief Executives
- Members of the Senior Management/leadership team
- Heads of Governance
- Governance Advisors
- individuals who support boards.
4.30pm Registration – tea and coffee
5.00pm Seminar (Part 1)
6.45pm Seminar (Part 2)
7.30pm Wrap up and networking
BWB's new offices at 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars