Tue 26 Feb 2019
16:00 - 18:00
The Charity Governance Code is designed to support continuous improvement. The Code recommends that every charity provides strategic leadership. Sustainable practices include ensuring appropriate structures, processes and a productive culture for trustees and senior staff to govern their charity, proper arrangements for appointments, supervision, support, appraisal, remuneration and if necessary, dismissal.
This seminar will cover the following issues:
- The respective roles and responsibilities of the Chief Executive/Senior Executive team and Chair/Board
- The legal framework in stet which these relationships operate
- The Charity Governance Code and its relevance to employment practices
- The potential problem areas and approaches to handling them
Why choose this course?
- To gain practical insights into how to foster a strong relationship between the Board and Senior Executive team
- To explore scenarios around common disputes between the Board and the Chief Executive/Senior Executive team
- To develop methods to address – and avoid – areas of conflict
Who should attend?
- Chief Executives
- Executive Directors
- Company Secretaries
Bates Wells Offices, 10 Queen Street Place, EC4R 1BECancellation policy for seminars