Wed 27 Feb 2019
11:00 - 15:00
Join the Charity Times Property Roundtable we are sponsoring this year.
This is an informative discussion about property investment, its advangtages and risks in our times of economic and political uncertainties.
An introduction to property
- What are the different property investment types available to charities and what are the benefits of a strategic property plan?
- What macro issues are currently impacting the property market and what market conditions should charities be looking out for before investing?
Identifying and addressing red flags
- What are the risks associated with investing in property and how should charities seek to assess and mitigate them?
- Investing in property takes careful planning and it can be easy to fall foul of the law. What are the key legal obligations to consider and what do charities and their trustees in particular need to consider on purchasing property as an investment?
Tax and VAT considerations
- When considering an investment into an individual property, or indeed a portfolio of properties, VAT savings and exposures must be factored into the process. But where should charities start with tax-efficient planning?
- The Charity Commission states charities must ensure the properties charities invest in are suitable for the charity’s purpose, but what other environmental, social and community issues should be taken into consideration when shaping a property strategy and how is the market being shaped by the sustainability and well-being considerations?
- What emerging property trends will charities need to consider over the coming years? Are there any major challenges that need to be factored into property strategies?
Who should attend?
This seminar is designed for the chief executives/MDs, finance directors, fundraising directors, and trustees of registered charities.
Click here to learn more and register for this roundtable meeting.
Searcys at The GherkinCancellation policy for seminars