Bates Wells Braithwaite (BWB) has been highly commended in this year’s Legal 500 rankings, with the directory concluding that BWB is a “21st century law firm with a very knowledgeable and flexible team that provides pragmatic advice”.
Following a comprehensive assessment of BWB’s capabilities, Legal 500 highlighted that the firm’s “knowledge of the charities and not-for-profit sector is unparalleled, particularly in an international context” and that BWB is “very innovative and responsive to the needs of the social enterprise sector”.
Likewise, in M&A: smaller deals, Legal 500 emphasised the “pragmatic, technically excellent” approach of BWB’s Corporate & Commercial team, which provides “thorough, detailed, accurate and prompt advice” to clients. In Commercial Contracts, the “very responsive and knowledgeable” team was also recognised for its relationship with Parlex Group of European Lawyers.
In another successful year for the firm, BWB has also maintained its tier one rankings in Immigration (both business and human rights, appeals and overstay); Charities and not-for-profit; Education: schools and Electoral.
In a further development – and for the first time – the firm is ranked in the Commercial property – hotels and leisure category (tier four) due to public services work and projects conducted in the culture & creative sector.
Alongside these developments, Laura Soley (for Charities and not-for-profit) and Rupert Earle (in Advertising and Marketing) were both named as “Leading Individuals”, while the following have been listed as “Next Generation Lawyers”:
- Tim Barnden (Immigration)
- Erica Crump (Theatre; film and TV)
- Emma Dowden-Teale (Administrative and public law)
- Pippa Garland (Charities and not-for-profit)
- Karli Hiscock (Commercial property)
- Chetal Patel (Immigration)
- Claire Whittle (Administrative and public law)
Further to these developments, in this year’s rankings a significant number of BWB lawyers were ranked for the first time. The following fee-earners made their debut in this year’s Legal 500 rankings:
- Ross Allan (Reputation Management)
- Stephen Callender (M&A – smaller deals, up to £50m)
- Mathew Healey (Brand Management)
- Karli Hiscock (Commercial Property)
- Viral Kataria (Commercial Contracts)
- Tom Pratt (Media & Entertainment)
- Molly Waiting (Media & Entertainment)
If you would like to read more of Legal 500’s rankings for BWB, please click here for further details.
Posted on 11/10/2017 in BWB NewsBack to Knowledge