Alice joined the Impact and Advisory team in September 2014. She works with charities, social enterprises, and commercial organisations from a range of sectors, conducting outcomes-based planning workshops to assess viable social impact bonds, drawing up payment by results and other models for commissioned services, offering strategic advice to assist with business development, and working on transactions such as corporate disposals, and mergers.
Alice previously worked at the International Family Law Group, specialists in child law. Alice assisted in their child abduction department and has experience of working with vulnerable children and those with special needs; she has a particular interest in projects involving these groups.
As well as speaking Italian, Alice is fluent in French and has worked at a Champagne House in Bouzy, France, from this she has an understanding of how corporate enterprises are managed and the markets in which they operate.
Examples of recent work
Alice has contributed to:
- Feasibility planning and financial modelling of social investment options including a social impact bond for an organisation targeting employability for those distant from the work force.
- Assisting with the development of a social impact bond for a charity in the field of recidivism that works with vulnerable women and women at risk.
- Research into the social issues faced by older people in society and analysis of the value to society of a charity operating in the elderly care sector.
- Work on sale mandates including buyer research and production of information memorandums for companies operating in the food manufacturing and out of home dining sector, and the luxury property development sector.
Qualifications and career
- University of Durham, French and Italian 2010
- Worked as a personal representative at a Champagne House in France and Italy
- College of Law, Guildford, Post-graduate Diploma in Law, 2011
- College of Law, Guildford, Legal Practice Course, 2012
- Paralegal at a child abduction law firm 2012-2013
- Paralegal at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013
- Analyst at Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2014
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Pro Bono work for the National Centre for Domestic Violence
- Pro Bono work for Guildford Employment Rights Advice Line Direct
- Member of Shaldon Regatta Committee, promoting sport in the local community
- Member of Social Research Association
- Student member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales