Amy is a general commercial real estate practitioner which, broadly speaking, means she helps companies, entrepreneurs, individuals and other entities buy, sell, take an interest in, lease or occupy a wide variety of commercial property.
Examples of Recent Work
- Acted on the portfolio purchase of 25 high street building society branches;
- Acted for a developer client on the purchase and site set-up of a residential development of 42 new homes in Huddersfield;
- Acted for a developer on the purchase of an existing building with planning permission for redevelopment and drafting and agreeing the development agreement with a joint venture partner, including advising on funding arrangements;
- Advised one of the largest commercial real estate services firms on their appointment by a major high street lending institution in connection with the management and disposal of a varied portfolio of properties across the UK;
- Advising both landlords and tenants on the letting and acquisition of property across all sectors and dealing with asset management matters.
Qualifications and Career
- LLB in Law from the University of Southampton (2:1)
- LPC from the University of Westminster (Distinction)
- Training contract with CKFT (since merged with Howard Kennedy LLP)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in January 2013
- Solicitor at CKFT (then Howard Kennedy LLP) 2013
- Associate at Howard Kennedy LLP 2016
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite in October 2018