Andrew is a Solicitor in the Immigration Department and specialises in personal and business immigration.
Andrew began his career by representing the Secretary of State before the First-tier Tribunal (Immigration & Asylum Chamber). In this role Andrew took responsibility for a wide range of cases including refugee based claims, student appeals and human rights applications.
His last role as a civil servant saw him provide legal advice to the Home Office with regards to Judicial Review applications and High Court litigation relating to immigration and migration policy.
Andrew trained and qualified with well regarded niche immigration firm, D. J. Webb & Co Solicitors before joining Bates Wells Braithwaite.
Examples of Recent Work
- Providing specialist advice to couples applying under appendix FM and on human rights grounds
- Secured an extension to a spouse visa for a client who had mistakenly applied after the expiry of her leave to remain
- Successfully advised a client to switch his status as a Tier 2 worker to the Parent of a British child
- Secured a visit visa for private medical treatment for a client who had been refused multiple times with a one week turnaround
- Obtained leave to remain for a long term overstayer on the basis of his marriage to a British citizen
- Successfully obtained permanent residence for a number of EEA nationals applying on the basis of being self-sufficient
- Won settlement for a client who had been absent from the UK for more than the permitted number of days over a ten year period
- Secured entry clearance for a high net worth individual applying as an investor on a two year route to settlement
Qualifications and Career
- City, University of London (LLB honours) 2007-2010
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course 2012
- Home Office Presenting Officer, Home Office 2012 - 2014
- Immigration Caseworker, Government Legal Department (formerly known as Treasury Solicitors) 2015
- Trained and qualified at D. J. Webb & Co Solicitors 2015 - 2017
- Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships, Appointments and Publications
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association
- Contributor to LexisNexis on updates to Immigration Law and Policy