Azariah was a Senior Adjudicator at the Financial Ombudsman Service (2 years), working in the specialist investments department. She has also recently been a Mentor for pensions adjudicators working on ‘Pension Freedoms’ project and led a project for the resolution of Unregulated Collective Investment Scheme (UCIS) complaints.
Examples of Recent Work
- Prepared firm for consumer credit authorisation
- Prepared firm for investment fund managers authorisation
- Currently advising UK investment fund managers ahead of regulatory changes in the financial services industry – MiFID II, PRIIPS and SMR.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Hertfordshire Law LLB – First Class Honours
- University College London (UCL) – Masters in International Commercial Law
- CISI Diploma in Investment Compliance (pending)
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Volunteered as a mentor for Debate Mate – taught 15 year old students from underprivileged backgrounds how to debate.
- Volunteered teaching students English in Djogjakarta, Indonesia while in Asia on a legal internship.