Charlie is a member of the firm’s Dispute Resolution department.
He advises a variety of charitable and commercial clients on a wide range of contentious matters and has experience of litigation in the County Court and the High Court.
Drawing on experience from his previous career in the arts and media (TV, film and theatre), he is also a member of the firm’s Arts and Media and Media Dispute Groups.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advising a renewable energy company on a dispute with a former director
- Advising a commercial client in a dispute with a supplier
- Advising a charity on a potential breach of contract claim
- Advising an individual in a breach of contract dispute with a large media organisation
- Advising a charity on infringement of its intellectual property rights
- Advising a company director on the enforceability of a contract for the sale of shares
- Advising an FE college in a contractual dispute
- Advising a charity on the disqualification of a trustee
- Challenging the decision of a contracting authority following a public procurement
- Advising a commercial client on the enforcement of a judgment debt
Qualifications and Career
- University of Oxford, MA(Hons) Classics, 2000
- Graduate Diploma in Law, City University, 2010
- Legal Practice Course, Kaplan, 2011
- Paralegal and Business Development, UHY & Fay (Barcelona), 2012
- Trainee Solicitor, Bates Wells & Braithwaite, 2013-2015
- Admitted as a solicitor, September 2015
- Promoted to Associate, 2018
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
Adviser at the South West London Law Centre