Katrina is a solicitor advocate with higher rights of audience in civil courts. She has acted for numerous professional regulatory bodies over some 35 years, undertaking the investigation and preparation of fitness to practise cases, advocacy before committees/tribunals and advising on appeals and judicial reviews. For many years she was a panel solicitor for the Solicitors Regulation Authority. She is a Tribunal Judge on the Mental Health Tribunal and the General Dental Council’s Director of Appeals. She was formerly a Legal Chairman of the GMC’s Registration and Certification Appeals and Chairman of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants’ Regulatory Board.
Qualifications and Career
- Partner at Walker Martineau - 1978 to 2000
- Partner at Penningtons Manches - 2000 to 2013
- Consultant at Penningtons Manches – 2013 to 2018
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Tribunal Judge on the Mental Health Tribunal
- Director of Appeals for the General Dental Council