Matthew is a Solicitor in the Immigration Department and advises on all aspects of personal and business immigration.
Matthew has experience in advising on naturalisation applications and registrations for British citizenship. He also has experience advising on points based system, family and European applications.
Matthew has a background in advising charities and social enterprises on a variety of commercial, charity law and regulatory issues having previously worked for four years with BWB’s Charity and Social Enterprise department.
Examples of recent work
- Advising on a complex application for British citizenship where both the individual and parent were born outside the UK
- Advising on “permanent residence” documents for EEA nationals and their family members
- Advising an individual on their ban from the UK
- Advising on numerous entry clearance and leave to remain applications under the points based system, including Tier 1 Investors
Qualifications and career
- University of Nottingham, BSc (Hons) Physics, 2007
- Nottingham Law School, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2009
- Nottingham Law School, Legal Practice Course, LLB, 2010
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2011
- Paralegal, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2012 - 2015
- Trainee Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2015 - 2017
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2017
Pro bono, memberships and appointment
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association
- Trustee of Three Feathers Theatre Company
- Former company secretary of the European Social Enterprise Law Association