Megan advises charities, social enterprises and educational institutions on a variety of commercial, charity law and education law matters including formation and registration, constitutional and regulatory compliance, academy conversions and transfers and general charity and company law.
Megan is a member of the Education group and has a particular interest in working with organisations that promote education.
Examples of Recent Work
- Drafting and negotiation of funding agreements for Multi Academy Trust and local authorities.
- Assisting with the drafting of a consultancy agreement between two Multi Academy Trusts to support a school following a critical incident.
- Advising a social enterprise focused on provision of education for refugees on applying for charity registration.
- Commercial advice for Education clients
- Drafting and negotiating transfer agreements for Academy conversions
- Advising on the formation and registration of new charities and social enterprises, including CIOs.
- Advising on mergers and on constitutional and operational issues for charities and social enterprises, including advising on conflicts of interest, procedure and other governance matters.
- Advising charities and CICs on service contacts and other commercial agreements.
Qualifications and Career
- BA (Hons) English (First Class), University of Birmingham, 2008-2011
- LLB (First Class), University of Law, includes GDL and LPC, 2011-2014
- Worked at London Borough of Hounslow, 2012-2013
- Trained and qualified at Russell-Cooke, 2014-2016
- Practiced at Blake Morgan LLP, 2016 - 2017
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member, Charity Law Association
- Member, Education Law Association
- Mentor for University of Law, since 2014
- Former trustee of St Mary’s Church Homes (2015-2016)