Michael provides legal support to the Charity and Social Enterprise department, specifically assisting the Intellectual Property & Information Law, Political, Elections & Campaigning Law and Get Legal teams.
Examples of Recent Work
- Seconded to international social enterprise to process a data subject access request.
- Assisting with data protection audits for organisations of various sizes.
- Assisted with providing campaigning advice on the General Election 2017.
- Assisting with work relating to the upcoming General Data Protection Regulation, including in-house legal training for clients.
- Assisting with charity incorporations.
- Administering document uploads to Get Legal.
Qualifications and Career
- Paralegal, Charity and Social Enterprise department, Bates Wells Braithwaite, March 2017-present.
- Legal Administrator, Real Estate department, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2015-2017.
- PRINCE2 Project Management (Foundation and Practitioner) 2018
- University of Law, Legal Practice Course LLM, 2016-present.
- University of Leicester, Law LLB, 2010-2013 (First).
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Modernising Justice secretary, 2017-present.
- Volunteer at South West London Law Centre, 2017-present.
- Treasurer of Leicester University Law Society, 2012-2013.
- Mentor at Leicester University Law Society, 2012-2013.
- Pro Bono Advisor with Leicester University Law Society, 2011-2013.