Oliver is an Associate in the Charity & Social Enterprise department. He trained and gained private practice experience with Pinsent Masons. He has previously worked as internal legal counsel for 8 Miles LLP (private equity fund) and Triple Point (an investment management firm). He has experience in structured and project finance, venture capital, private equity as well as general corporate/ commercial.
Examples of Recent Work
- Investment funds/ finance: advising on a range of investment related matters with regard to project finance structures, private equity/ venture capital style partnerships, tax advantaged funds (VCT, EIS, SITR) and social enterprises
- Commercial contracts: advising on a range of commercial contracts including renewable energy projects, outsourcing, consumer contracts, supply contracts, consultancies, contractual joint ventures, collaborations and partnerships
- Charities and social enterprises: advising on various issues relating to their formation, constitution, governance and operation
- Secondment to Open Society Foundation
- Secondment to Alan Turing Institute, July 2018-February 2019
Qualifications and Career
- English degree – BA Hons: Durham University
- Care Internship Scheme: worked as a researcher for MP and completed one year academic course in politics, bioethics and philosophy/ theology.
- Two years as Project Officer with International Centre for Reconciliation (Middle East conflict resolution agency) focused on Israel/ Palestine and Iraq with regular travel to those regions.
- Law Degree – BA Hons: BPP Law School
- Pinsent Masons LLP
- 8 Miles LLP – in house solicitor
- Triple Point Investment Management LLP – in house solicitor
- Accredited as a CEDR mediator in 2015
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Trustee & Co Sec: Transformational Business Network
- Trustee of Brazzaville Foundation