Shadia is a solicitor in the Employment Department. She advises both employer and employee clients on a range of employment law issues.
Shadia is fluent in French and Italian and also speaks conversational Danish and Arabic.
Examples of Recent Work
- Drafting contracts of employment and policies
- Assisting in defending an employment tribunal claim for victimisation
- Drafting settlement agreements on behalf of employers
Qualifications and Career
- McGill University, BA Economics and Political Science (Hons), 2007
- McGill University, Masters in Political Science, 2010
- Programme Officer, Euro-Mediterranean Human Rights Network, 2011-2014
- The University of Law, Graduate Diploma in Law, 2015
- The University of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2016
- Trainee Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2016-2018
- Admitted as a solicitor in September 2018
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Trustee of Shubbak: A Window on Contemporary Arab Culture