Sophie trained with Boodle Hatfield and moved to Collyer Bristow upon qualification to join the private client department and undertook a wide range of general private client work including charity advice, tax, offshore and onshore estate planning, immigration, wills, trusts, and probate.
Examples of Recent Work
- Advised an existing grant giving charitable trust on their expansion and set up a new charitable company as part of their incorporation process, and advised on the merger process;
- Reviewed governing documents of an existing charitable trust and advised on the approach to the Charity Commission for assistance in rectifying historic technical issues;
- Advised on options and set up a charitable company limited by guarantee for a new charity.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Oxford (Corpus Christi college), BA in Jurisprudence, 2012
- BPP Law School, Legal Practice Course (Distinction), 2013
- Trainee solicitor at Boodle Hatfield, 2013 – 2015
- Associate solicitor at Collyer Bristow, Private Client department, September 2015 – February 2018
- STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (England and Wales), November 2017
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Member of STEP (Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners)
- Member of the Charity Law Association
- Girlguiding leader