Tim has experience in advising developers, financial institutions and banks, property owners and tenants and also consortia involved in PFI and major construction projects on the appropriate construction documentation (which includes the appointments of the professional consultants, the form of building contract, collateral warranties and subsidiary documentation such as parent company guarantees and performance bonds).
Tim’s projects have included Grand Buildings, Trafalgar Square, Deutsche Bank’s headquarters at Old Broad Street, Canary Wharf, a new airport in Hong Kong, A1/M1 DBFO road contract, Coopers & Lybrand’s headquarters at Embankment Place, and the construction of a new meeting house in Kingston for the Quakers.
Tim’s clients have included Land Securities, Great Portland Estates, MEPC, General Accident, Wates Properties, AXA and Grosvenor Estate.
Qualifications and career
- University of Central Lancashire, Preston, LLB (Hons), 1984
- College of Law, Chester, Law Society Final Examinations, 1985
- Trainee solicitor at Nabarro Nathanson, 1985
- Assistant solicitor at Nabarro Nathanson, Construction department, 1987
- Assistant solicitor at Clifford Chance, Property department, Construction Law Unit, 1989
- Assistant solicitor at DJ Freeman, Construction department, 1996
- Partner at DJ Freeman, Construction department, 1998
- Freelance consultant to Bates Wells Braithwaite since 2000