After completing the Bar Professional Training Course, Tzara joined the Employment team at Bates Wells Braithwaite in July 2016. Tzara assists the team on various employment matters alongside helping on cross-departmental matters.
Examples of Recent Work
- Part of the successful team acting for the Lead Claimants against Uber in the Employment Appeal Tribunal (a landmark case in the gig-economy) reported by the media, including The Guardian and BBC News.
- Part of successful team in the case of Dewhurst v CitySprint (a landmark case concerning the employment status of couriers), reported by the Financial Times, BBC News and The Guardian (among others).
- Assisted to successfully represent a group action claim for £10 million against an international technology business, reported in the Financial Times, The Guardian and Music Week.
- Assisted to represent a team of cleaners at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in a high profile dispute, reported in The Telegraph, The Guardian and BBC News.
- Conducting in-depth legal research and drafting legal documents, including staff contracts, grounds of claim and resistance and settlement agreements.
- Attending and note-taking at Tribunal hearings, judicial mediation, and grievance and disciplinary hearings.
Qualifications and Career
- Senior paralegal at BWB (2018)
- Paralegal at BWB (2016)
- University of Law – Bar Professional Training Course, Very Competent (2015-2016)
- Queen Mary, University of London – BA Law and Politics, 2.1 (2012-2015)
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- Coordinator and volunteer at South West London Law Centre (2018)
- PopLaw Legal Advice Clinic – ran the Clinic and conducted initial interviews with clients (July 2013 and September 2014)
- Liberty – conducted research on a client’s query and drafted a letter of advice (February 2014)
- Community Links – attended client meetings and produced detailed notes (February 2013)