Head of Data Privacy
Victoria has advised on data privacy issues in the public and private sectors for over 12 years. Her experience includes UK, pan-European and global privacy matters covering the full range of data protection and eprivacy compliance requirements and she has worked with a wide spectrum of clients.
Victoria advises on EU data protection and privacy laws including the General Data Protection Regulation and assists organisations with privacy notices, outsourcing arrangements, international data transfer solutions, employee monitoring and data use, whistleblowing, marketing, data breach, online and app privacy issues as well as providing analysis on available lawful grounds for data processing.
Examples of Recent Work
- Drafting a guide to the GDPR for use within a global marketing, communications and advertising company and providing associated training
- Drafting a contracts playbook for a controller negotiating GDPR compliant agreements with processors
- Advising an international medical device company on GDPR preparedness
- Assisting a global company with the roll out of a third party threat intelligence system processing employee data
- Advising organisations on their marketing consent wording and associated privacy notices to comply with GDPR
- For several years, Victoria was part of the team advising the Government of Bermuda on the drafting and implementation of the Personal Information Protection Act 2016 in Bermuda.
Qualifications and Career
- University of Oxford, BA (Hons) English
- BPP London, PGDL and LPC
- Training Contract at Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP, 2001
- Qualified as a solicitor at Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP, 2003
- Director at Field Fisher Waterhouse LLP, 2013
- Joined Hogan Lovells International LLP, 2014
- Counsel at Hogan Lovells International LLP, 2017
- Joined BWB in 2018
- CIPP/E and CIPT qualifications from the International Association of Privacy Professionals
Pro Bono, Memberships and Appointments
- International Association of Privacy Professionals, Member of the Privacy Faculty
- Trustee of RENEW Foundation (Recovery Empowerment Networking and Employment for Women)