Victoria provides a wide range of advice to charities and social enterprises on commercial, charity and company law matters. She is particularly interested in charities and social enterprises working in the health and social care field, being a trustee of such a charity and a member of Bates Wells Braithwaite’s cross-departmental Health and Social Care group.
Victoria specialises in advising on fundraising law including commercial participation, professional fundraising, corporate sponsorship and challenge events and regularly provides training in this area. She also enjoys transactional work such as incorporations and mergers and advising on funding agreements.
Examples of recent work
- Advising a leading disability charity on its governance structure following changes to its stakeholder engagement.
- Drafting an affiliation agreement between a national disability charity and its regional member organisations.
- Establishing a community interest company with a variety of local authority and community group members which will steward a countryside park.
- Drafting a residential support agreement for people with learning disabilities living in the community.
- Advising a national benevolent fund on its grant and service contracts.
- Incorporating a long-running educational charity as a charitable incorporated organisation.
- Advising a leading social care provider on the transfer out of part of its undertaking and a sub-contract arrangement with a local authority.
- Drafting a sub-contract agreement for an international NGO as lead bidder on an EC funding contract.
- Advising on the merger of two environmental and regeneration charities.
Qualifications and career
- University of Cambridge, BA Law, 2006
- Chester College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2007
- Trainee solicitor at Jones Day, 2007
- Admitted as a solicitor at Jones Day, 2009
- Project officer, Brain Injury Australia, Sydney 2010
- Legal intern, The Concerned for Working Children, Bangalore 2010
- Legal assistant, National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, 2010
- Joined Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2012
Pro bono, memberships and appointments
- Volunteer at Kith & Kids, a north London charity which provides support to children and adults with disabilities
- Trustee of Revitalise Respite Holidays