Approachable, straightforward and responsive throughout.”
BWB reaches far and wide to help organisations from all sectors of the North American economy. Our London-based lawyers, compliance and impact advisory professionals have long-standing experience assisting American and Canadian clients go about their business in the UK. Across the Atlantic, we have advised all types of clients from multi-nationals, financial institutions, and trade associations to universities and charities.
Clients come to us for jargon-free, user-friendly advice on corporate/commercial, finance, real estate, employment and litigious matters as well as the specialist areas we’re so well known for such as charity, employment and educational law. We help overseas clients active in technology, the Arts, energy, finance, education, the media, entertainment, telecoms, retail and healthcare. This isn’t an exclusive list - we’re big enough to pull together an expert multi-disciplinary team to deal with pretty much anything you need help with.
At BWB we are proud of our personal approach. We understand the importance to you of being able to pick up the phone, talk to us and feel reassured that your needs will be given a high priority - especially when you might be quite far away (we can work around time zones). We provide dedicated principal contacts to ensure continuity and in-depth understanding of your business. We believe in developing and sustaining strong, long-term relationships with our clients – we have acted for many clients for decades – and our fees are amongst the most competitive in the London market.
We are a full service firm but we find the following areas are of most interest to our North American clients:
- Commercial: outsourcing, IT and IP, media, information law, data protection/ privacy
- Transactional and corporate: M&A (including MBOs and MBIs), JVs, shareholders’ agreements, LLPs and partnerships
- Banking and finance: Equity capital markets – IPOs and secondary fundraising , investments and share incentives
- Charity law, regulation and governance, in particular advising US based 501(c)(3) organisations and their partners/affiliates
- Immigration services, including visa applications and sponsor licences
- Employment services: employer and employee
- IP: Intellectual property filing, prosecution and disputes, including trade marks, patents, database and copyright
- Real estate: commercial real estate (realty) and disputes
We look forward to meeting you
Members of our team regularly visit the USA and Canada and we would be only too happy to meet you to discuss how we can work together in the future. Of course, if you are ever in London we are more than happy to meet with you here.
Our North America team are Mark Tasker (Corporate & Commercial), Patrick Keown (Banking & Finance), Richard Cross (Financial Services Compliance), Lawrie Simanowitz (Charity) and Rosamund McCarthy (Charity) who can help you in the first instance.